Monday, June 20, 2011

Back From Mini-Trip - Pic Heavy

Well the trip went swimmingly.

Shakespeare in the Park was quite good - Much Ado About Nothing.



We had ourselves a little picnic at the play - my aunt brought cocktail shrimp, chilled Cucumber Avocado soup, an Italian sub, and roasted garlic hummus with pita chips.

Today we slept in late, had coffee and cereal for breakfast, and eventually made our way to City Museum.

City Museum in St. Louis is awesome if you ever get the chance to go.

It's less of a museum and more of a mostly adult-sized playground with tons of tunnels, caves, slides (even one that's 10 stories high that the boyfriend and I both braved), a roof-top ferris wheel and more.

Falling on the human-sized hamster wheel.

I'm an angry monkey.

Just Ferris Wheelin' around.

Sitting in the roof-top mesh tower.

Sitting on a school bus that hangs haphazardly off the roof of the museum.

Playing in the fountain like the kiddos.

After spending the day at City Museum, we decided against going to the St. Louis Zoo.

We were hot.

And lazy.

And still had to drive back home.

We've decided to take another mini road-trip before we move and visit the Omaha Zoo in Nebraska.

It's supposed to be one of the best.

We then made the drive home.

I called my grandma and she had dinner waiting for us when we arrived at her house on the way.

Having only eaten cereal for the entire day and having climbed up and down 10 flights of stairs, not to mention countless walking, throughout the day, I did not feel one ounce of guilt about eating her homemade Swedish Meatballs with Egg Noodles. And then a Good Humor Ice Cream Bar. And then...

Just kidding. I stopped there.

Felt mildly guilty until she said she used turkey meatballs.

My grandma using healthier alternatives in her cooking?!

Apocalypse now.

We'll see how well I did at maintaining - or maybe even losing - tomorrow morning.

Tuesday I'll update the progress page for Week 9. It's getting so close to the move!

I'll leave you lovelies with one last picture.

Riding the Ferris Wheel.



A bientôt, lovelies.

- parisienne.love

10 comments:

  1. God, you and the boyf. are so CUTE! I could eat you up! By the way, you have beautiful legs. Feel my envy!

    Looks like you guys had heaps o' fun, I'm so glad! Growing up is for pussies! Speaking of which...

    Thanks for the comment CATS feature in my blog quite a bit, especially my own two little stinkers! Not to promo my own blog, but look:

    http://sincerelycinnamonbrown.blogspot.com/2010/12/glad-thats-over.html

    http://sincerelycinnamonbrown.blogspot.com/2010/12/revelations-and-resolutions.html

    http://sincerelycinnamonbrown.blogspot.com/2011/01/break-and-fast.html

    You don't have to read , just look at the kittehs!

    Have a great day! <3. XXX.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG.

    I MUST GO TO THAT PLAYGROUND.

    So fucking jealous :p

    So WHEN are you two going to start making devastatingly gorgeous children? Your genes NEED to be combined ;)

    Love you! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say, that if the girl in these pictures is you, then you are awfully adorable! AND skinny! Geez! I'm so jealous right now. People, look at those LEGS!

    Okay, I'm done admiring, before I creep you out. Ahaha.

    Your day sounded absolutely fun. Especially the play. My favorite was Much Ado About Nothing, from high school, and I would totally love to see it in live action! Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, your trip sounds like so much fun! A museum with adult-sized toys?! Freaking awesome! I agree with Kitty, you're very adorable and I would love to have your legs. Aslo, how do you get your bagns to do that? I try to get all of mine to go over like that and they never do...I guess they're too short :/.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pictures are absolutely amazing.
    I am so jealous!
    I wanna go to those places now. :)
    I am so glad to hear that you had such a good time.
    You and your boy are way too cute!
    Welcome back to Bloggerland, haha. :D
    I hope you have a wonderful day today; you deserve it!
    Stay positive, stay beautiful! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. that place sounds SO COOL!!!! u n ur man = oober cute !!!
    u look gr8 in ur pics and yes after all that walking u deserved it !!! xoxo stay gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look lovely in all of these pictures... and that museum sounds absolutely amazing! Also: I am now craving chilled cucumber avocado soup. Sounds like a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. sounds like you had an amazing time. and the cuteness factor on you + boy... through the roof!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love everything about this post! It's got everything that is amazing in life, romance, fun, summer, food, photography etc. I feel happy just reading about it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're legs look super nice in these, and you can totally see the weight you lost in your face. You look really nice :)

    ReplyDelete