Friday, September 2, 2011

Back to Business

Well, now that I'm out of my self-pity, scalp-falling-off slump, it's back to business. (I switched from Vaseline to hydrocortisone cream and tried doing the dry washing that Kitty suggested and it worked much better. Thanks for all of the advice, ladies!)

I went to the gym a couple of days ago for the first time in about two months.

It was easy to tell that I hadn't been in a while.

I used to be able to do 30 minutes on the treadmill, 30 minutes on the stationary bike, and then do weight training.

When I went last time, I was barely able to do 15 minutes on the treadmill and 15 minutes on the stationary bike.

I was panting, soaked, and out of breath by the end of those 30 minutes.



Sad.

The boyfriend, however, gets out of class early today so we're going to go back to the gym today and try again.

It's a very good thing considering I weighed myself this morning and I'm back up to 116!

Now I need to lose 6 lbs instead of 5 - not progress, in my opinion.

At least the cat is losing weight, according to Wii Fit.

He's much better at sticking to his diet considering he can't feed himself.... haha.

Hopefully we'll get to the apartment gym before 2:00 pm today.

Last time we went, towards the end of our workout a ton of middle school and high school students began showing up once they got out of school.

Since when did middle schoolers go to the gym?!

And I definitely hope we go for longer than 30 minutes.

I only burned 175 calories last time and I need to be burning 290 calories per day - not gonna cut it.

I plan on bringing (and drinking) lots of water this time.

And I bought some fancy shmancy insoles to support my arches so that I don't have another ankle sprain from hell on the treadmill like I got earlier this summer.

I'm prepared.

Now, in the words of Nike, to Just Do It.

Sighhhh.









A bientôt, lovelies.

- parisienne.love

4 comments:

  1. The last time I tried to go to the apartment gym, I walked in and it was me and this high-school aged dude. Awkward! So, I mumbled something about the machines all being broken and left. I decided to run around the neighborhood instead-- to the whistles and calls of cars driving through and swarming of mosquitoes. I blamed it on providence and never went back. Good for you for trying again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to start a craft blog and link it to my Felt (NZ version of Etsy) account so people have something to look at XD There will be progress pics of the cuffs (I already have the yarn. . . Naughty me. . . ) and of my sock too. Lol, the heel gives me fits of the giggles when I look at it, that may be responsible for the mood increase.

    Sorry I haven't replied to your comments yet. I've been keeping them to read over ^.^; I'd love to email/facebook with you! Lol, however my facebook is on hold atm thanks to the sodding Japanese midterm -.-

    You are amazing and I love you and there are just no words to describe how much I wanna hug you until your eyes pop out! (Eep, crazy sounding) But yes, I LOVE YOU!

    0.0 Good on you for going back to the gym! I swear the first session after a slump is the hardest. You can get back there again! Rah rah rah! Ugh, high schoolers and tweenagers have been invading the gym. I guess its better they come here than go somewhere else where they won't be getting the help&support form the trainers o.O Makes me feel like an out-of-shape old baggage though, skinny little fuckers.

    Ok, I'm off to stalk the living fuck out of your craft blog. Love you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with getting back into a gym routine! Sounds like how it is working out through vitamin* withdrawal. I'll be feeling it starting tomorrow..... :/

    Hope you're having a good weekend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found your blog and I love it! Good luck at the gym-- no doubt it'll be loads better with your boyfriend there!

    ReplyDelete